- Merits of Installing a Wooden False Ceiling Design
- Hall Wooden False Ceiling
- Wooden False Ceiling Design for the Bedroom
- Wooden False Ceiling Design For Dining Area
- Wooden False Ceiling with an MDF Lattice for Puja Room
- Simple Wooden False Ceiling Design for the Bathroom
- When Not to Install a Wooden False Ceiling Design?
The concept of four walls has now become a yesteryear story.
For decades, Indians paid no attention to the fifth wall which is the false ceiling and left it plain white. But now people have started adapting modern false ceiling designs that beautify the interiors and sets home class apart.
Today, there are plenty of wooden false ceiling designs to choose from. But if it's your first time, you might get confused and end up with a wrong choice. So, today's article will provide you with the best ideas for wooden false ceiling design for you to better understand and make informed decisions on a perfect wooden false ceiling design for your home.
But before that, let’s simplify the advantages of having a wooden false ceiling design at home.
Merits of Installing a Wooden False Ceiling Design
- Easily Affordable: You can buy unfinished wooden false ceilings from any nearby local hardware store. It might cost you around INR 100–200 per square foot.
- Provides Strength: If you are someone who prefers heavy lights in your false ceiling, then opting for a wooden false ceiling design is the best option. This decision will prove to be the best as you will not have to worry about the ceiling getting sag.
- Quick Installation: You can install a wooden false ceiling on your own if you are confident enough and don't want professional help for the installation work.
- Low Maintenance: The wooden false ceiling design does not require high maintenance. All you have to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth occasionally, and you're good to go.
- Absorbs Sound and Saves Energy: Wood is a porous material that works as a natural acoustic absorbent. Also, you can save energy when you opt for a wooden false ceiling design for the bedroom, as a wooden ceiling can reduce the need for air conditioning. The wood and the air between the ceilings act as heat insulators that keep your room cool.
Choose A Perfect Wooden False Ceiling Design Ideas for Your Home
1. Hall Wooden False Ceiling
If you have wooden flooring in your hallway, it's evident that now you might make up your mind for a wooden false ceiling design that matches your flooring , accentuates the modern vibe and can easily blend with any aesthetic.
You can customize and use the MDF lattice work when installing a wooden false ceiling design for the hall. It will add a striking impression to your hallway.
2. Wooden False Ceiling Design for the Bedroom
Nothing beats the elegant and polished wood paired with warm metal accents for the bedroom wooden false ceiling. The pendant light fixtures attached to a wooden false ceiling design will also help illuminate your sleeping space.
3. Wooden False Ceiling Design For Dining Area
Who says that the wood false ceiling design for the living room is the only key to enhancing the look of your home? What about your dining space?
You must pay attention to that one area of your home where everyone sits together to eat. This is why you must consider adding a multi-dimensional wooden ceiling design for your dining room to help create a more defined space. A dining area with such a stunning wooden false ceiling design will make your dining experience warm.
4. Wooden False Ceiling with an MDF Lattice for Puja Room
If you are searching for the latest wooden false ceiling design for your pooja room, installing MDF lattice wooden ceiling panels can be an ideal choice. The custom-made wooden patterns will look divine in your puja ghar.
5. Simple Wooden False Ceiling Design for the Bathroom
You can install wooden rafters to add a touch of refinement to your bathroom's interior.
If you have good space, you can also consider covering the entire ceiling. If not, you can use wooden rafters to highlight a small portion of your bathroom.
When Not to Install a Wooden False Ceiling Design?
Although there are very few situations when you might not be able to install a wooden false ceiling design, it is good to know them so that you can make an informed decision.
Reduction of Ceiling's Height: Installation of a wooden ceiling at home can reduce the height of the ceiling and make your room look smaller. Though you will enjoy the cosy vibe, it will come at the cost of making the room appear smaller.
Vulnerability in Humid Places: People living in cold areas are more likely to install wooden false ceiling designs in their homes than those living in highly humid areas. It is because the wooden false ceilings are more vulnerable to demolition attacks and highly humid conditions.
Having mentioned all the possible merits, types and the possible not-to-install wooden false ceiling situations, we have defined the perfect guide for you.
Now if you decide to enhance your home's overall appearance without a burden on your pocket, you would be well aware while picking and choosing a suitable wooden false ceiling design. Go for it!