Table 0f Content:
- EWS Certificate Delhi: An Overview
- Definition of Family When Applying For EWS Certificate Delhi
- Documents Required For EWS Certificate Delhi
- EWS Certificate Delhi Validity
- EWS Certificate Delhi Eligibility
- Application Fee For EWS Certificate Delhi
- How To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi?
- Steps To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi Online
- Steps To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi Offline
- EWS Certificate Delhi Offline: Points To Remember
- Allotment Time For EWS Certificate Delhi
- How To Verify EWS Certificates in Delhi?
EWS certificate is a provision to support economically weaker sections of society that can help you get recruited for various jobs and give access to educational institutions as well. There is a 10% reservation for EWS for direct recruitment in civil posts. If you want to apply for the EWS certificate in Delhi, this blog has you covered.
Keep reading this blog to acquire more information on documents required for EWS certificate in Delhi, steps to apply and much more.
EWS Certificate Delhi: An Overview
EWS certificate in Delhi is an income certificate issued to people from economically weaker sections of society. EWS is now mentioned as a sub-reservation category under the general category. The EWS bill was passed on 12th January 2019 by the President of India.
Definition of Family When Applying For EWS Certificate Delhi
The following members are considered as a family while you are applying for the EWS certificate in Delhi:
- Your parents
- Your siblings (if any) below the age of 18 years
- Your spouse
- Your children (if any) below the age of 18 years
Also Read: Know Everything About EWS Certificate 2023
Documents Required For EWS Certificate Delhi
You need to enclose all the necessary documents with the application form. Here is the list of documents you need while applying for the EWS certificate in Delhi:
- Land/property documents (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Domicile Certificate/Residential proof
- Passport-sized photograph
- Self Declaration/Affidavit
- Other relevant documents
Note: If you do not earn or are a student, you should use the following documents for EWS certificate online apply in Delhi:
- Three years ITRs or Bank statement of guardian
- A rent affidavit if you live on rent/tenent.
- Father’s/mother’s Aadhar card may be required.
EWS Certificate Delhi Validity
The EWS certificate is not valid for a lifetime. Its validity is only from 6 months to a year.
EWS Certificate Delhi Eligibility
Here is how you will know you are eligible EWS certificate in Delhi:
- You must belong to the general category.
- Your family’s annual income should not be more than INR 8 lakhs. The family’s income will be a sum of income earned from the business, agriculture, salary etc.
- If the registered property owned by your family is in different places, locations or cities, they will be summed together for the EWS certificate in Delhi.
- You should not have agricultural land in an area of more than 5 acres.
- You should not have a residence of more than 1000 square feet or above.
- You should not have a residential plot of 200 square yards and more in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Application Fee For EWS Certificate Delhi
You do not need to pay any application fee or charges to obtain the EWS certificate in Delhi. Although, officials can levy a stamp fee.
How To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi?
There are two ways for an EWS certificate online to apply in Delhi:
Steps To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi Online
The steps to apply for an EWS certificate Delhi online are as follows:
Step 1: Login or register on https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/in/en/Account/Login.html
Step 2: Login and go to the e-services tab
Step 3: Click on apply for Income certificate
Step 4: Enter the following details:
- Personal details
- Family details
- Income details
Step 5: Upload the documents as required
Step 6: Pay the application fee
Step 7: Submit the form
Now, you will receive an acknowledgement number. Save it to track the status of your application in the future. Once your application will be approved, you will be able to login and download digitally signed your EWS certificate in Delhi.
Also Read: Circle Rates In Delhi-2023 Updated
Steps To Apply For EWS Certificate In Delhi Offline
The steps to apply for the EWS certificate Delhi offline are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the nearest government centre
Step 2: Ask for the application form for the Income and Asset Certificate.
Step 3: Fill out the following details to get an EWS certificate in Delhi:
a. Yours and your family's information: Name, gender, marital status, age, religion, caste, sub-caste, mobile number, Aadhaar number, PAN card, email id, and place of birth. Details of your family like father’s name, mother’s name, spouse name, sibling details, children's details
b. Your permanent and present address: village/town, police station, post office, tehsil, district, Pin code, state
c. Your place of stay since birth
d. Your income details: The gross annual income of the family
e. Asset detail of your family
Step 4: Once this is done, fill out the undertaking
Step 5: Attach the documents
Step 6: Visit the SDM’s office
Step 7: Submit the form
EWS Certificate Delhi Offline: Points To Remember
- Make sure you visit the SDM’s office with the affidavit and all the original documents
- Provide a valid mobile phone number to receive all the updates about your EWS certificate Delhi on your phone
- Ensure you produce all valid documents
- Save the acknowledgement number for future reference
- Visit the SDM office to collect your certificate once you receive a date on which you’ll be given your EWS certificate
- The EWS certificate in Delhi will be only provided after all the documents have been verified and cross-checked.
Also Read: How To Apply For EWS Certificate in UP?
Allotment Time For EWS Certificate Delhi
Once you submit your application to the SDM’s office, all the information and documents will be verified by an officer. The procedure takes anywhere between a few days to 15 days.
How To Verify EWS Certificates in Delhi?
You can verify your EWS certificate online in Delhi:
Step 1: Visit the official Edistrict Delhi website
Step 2: Click on verify your certificate visible on the right-hand side
Step 3: Select the department and what you applied for
Step 4: Enter your application number
Step 5: Enter your name
Step 6: Fill in the captcha code
Step 7: Click on the submit button for verifying EWS certificate in Delhi
Now you know the steps for the EWS certificate in Delhi, make sure you follow the process end to end to get your certificate seamlessly.
Suggested Read: Bhulekh Delhi: Steps To Check Land Records Online