Table of Content:
- Lucknow Kanpur Expressway: Overview
- Phases of The Lucknow-Kanpur Expressway
- Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Route Map
- Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Map
- Benefits of the Lucknow Kanpur Expressway
- Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Distance
- How Will the Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Impact Real Estate?
The development of Lucknow Kanpur Expressway is an initiative by the Government of Uttar Pradesh to decongest the traffic between two cities, improve connectivity and boost tourism. The 63-km long access-controlled, six-lane expressway is set to be completed by 2025, and once it starts, the expressway will cut the Lucknow-Kanpur distance journey by half.
For more details about this project, continue reading the informative article.
Lucknow Kanpur Expressway: Overview
The Lucknow–Kanpur Expressway, also known as National Expressway 6 (NE-6), was designated as a national highway in December 2020. Two of the most prominent cities in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow and Kanpur, will experience smooth connectivity because of this six-lane motorway.
The Lucknow Kanpur Expressway will reduce the travel time from 1.5-3 hours to 25-50 minutes between the two cities. The expressway will connect Azad Chauraha, adjacent to the Ganga Bridge in Kanpur to Shaheed Path in Lucknow.Notably, the total estimated price of the project is Rs 4,700 Crore
The features of Lucknow-Kanpur Expressway are:
- Total length is 62.764 km
- 6-lane expressway (expandable upto 8)
- Lucknow Kanpur Expressway is expected to be completed by December 2025
- The National Highways Authority of India is the owner of the project
Also Read: Brief about Lucknow Development authority
Phases of The Lucknow-Kanpur Expressway
Phase 1: The expected cost of the 6-lane expressway is Rs 1675.18 crore. The motorway will be developed to connect Shaheed Path in Lucknow to Azad Chauraha, which is close to the Ganga Bridge in Kanpur. Moreover, the expressway will run parallel to the NH27 and have a 3.375 km elevated section between Amausi and Bani.
Phase 2: The expected cost involved is Rs 1724.67 crore. The project will include a greenfield route adjacent to the NH2. Furthermore, phase 2 will link Bani with Azad Marg Chauraha.
Also Read: How to Pay Property Tax in Lucknow
Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Route Map
In order to reduce the traffic congestion, the expressway will be linked to the Lucknow Ring Road. The Lucknow Kanpur Expressway will follow NH 25 for 3.5 kilometres. To connect Nawabganj with Kanpur, the road will depart from Lucknow's Shaheed Marg and travel through Banthra, Bani, Datauli Kantha, Taura, Neorna, Amarsas, and Rawal.
Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Map
Benefits of the Lucknow Kanpur Expressway
The expressway will offer the below-mentioned benefits:
1. Better Connectivity: The motorway will reduce the distance and ease traffic congestion between Lucknow and Kanpur while improving connectivity.
2. Promoting Regional Economic Activity: The Lucknow Kanpur Expressway will simplify transportation between the cities and reduce travel time. Because of this, the affected region will experience more investments and a boost in regional economic activities.
3. Enhanced Infrastructure: The motorway will pass through several neighbourhoods in Lucknow and Kanpur, including Shaheed Path, Nawabganj, Banthara, Bani, Datauli Kantha, Taura, Neorna, Amarsas, Rawal, etc. Furthermore, completing the expressway will quickly cover the Lucknow to Kanpur distance and offer better infrastructure development in and around the areas.
Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Distance
The expressway will reduce the distance between the two cities from 1.5 to 3 hours to approximately 45-50 minutes. Lucknow Kanpur Expressway will be constructed with a 1.5-metre boundary wall, three to four metres above the ground. The motorway will cost about Rs 1600 crores running adjacent to the NH-27.
How Will the Lucknow Kanpur Expressway Impact Real Estate?
Lucknow is a city with many opportunities and attracts many big investors to the city's infrastructure. The Lucknow-Kanpur Expressway is one of the key government initiatives that is further going to promote the growth of Lucknow's real estate market. Additionally, the UP government plans to design UP as a “State Capital Region," signalling yet another important advancement for the city. The proposed plan will be formed by connecting Lucknow and neighbouring districts with the goal of boosting Lucknow's potential as a capital for balanced growth of the neighbouring locations.
Check Out: Property Rates in Lucknow