Table of Content:
- RERA Delhi : A Brief
- How to Register as a Real Estate Agent with the Delhi RERA
- Promoter Registration Process with RERA Delhi
- How to Sign Up as a Purchaser on Delhi RERA Online?
- Required Documents for RERA Registration in Delhi
- When Should a Complaint be Filed with RERA Delhi?
- How does the RERA Complaint Process Work in Delhi?
- The following items are required in order to file a complaint
- How to File a Complaint On RERA Delhi?
New Delhi's Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA Delhi) maintains a public database of all real estate projects, builders, and brokers that are properly licensed in accordance with the state's Real Estate Act.
The RERA Delhi’s website is accessible to all interested homebuyers in the Delhi area. With its inception, the state govt. has been able to bring transparency into the whole real estate sphere and curb the malpractices and frauds committed by agents and real estate developers in Delhi.
Let’s explore everything about Delhi RERA in detail.
RERA Delhi : A Brief
The RERA Delhi aims to achieve the following:
- The NCT of Delhi has regulations in place that require developers and sellers to lay out all relevant information about a project for potential buyers under Delhi RERA’s website.
- Its goal is to provide a swift method of resolving disputes in the real estate industry, protecting the interests of consumers.
- The RERA Delhi Appellate Tribunal was set up in order to hear appeals from both the Real Estate Regulatory Authority and the adjudicatory officer.
- No advertisements may be released unless the project has been registered with the authority. Also, the execution of a purchase agreement with the purchasers is not contingent upon receiving any advance or deposit.
- All real estate agents are required to register with Delhi RERA’s official website in accordance with the Regulatory Act.
Also Check: Circle Rates In Delhi(Updated)
How to Register as a Real Estate Agent with the Delhi RERA
There are a few steps that must be followed in order to register as a real estate agent on RERA Delhi’s website. Those are:
- Go to Delhi RERA official website: https://rera.delhi.gov.in/.
- Select "Register as an agent" link on the main page.
- Visit the agent registration page.
- Carefully read the information below and enter it correctly.
- Pay the registration fees and click on submit.
Promoter Registration Process with RERA Delhi
- Visit the official RERA Delhi website.
- On the homepage of the website, look for the link labelled "Register as a promoter," highlighted in red.
- You will then be taken to a page where you can register as a promoter.
- Read the instructions that are provided, and then fill in all of the details.
- The final step in the registration process is to pay any applicable fees .
Also Read: How To Register A Property In Delhi
How to Sign Up as a Purchaser on Delhi RERA Online?
Here is the procedure you must go through in order to become a registered buyer on the RERA Delhi website:
- Visit the Delhi RERA website.
- Select the "Registration" menu item from the menu bar.
- Here you'll be presented with a menu of three options. To proceed, click on the "Buyer" button.
- Further, you will be taken to a page where a pre-registration form needs to be filled out.
- Provide your personal information such as name, address, birthday, phone number, and email address.
- Fill out the registration form and submit it.
Required Documents for RERA Registration in Delhi
In order to complete your registration with Delhi RERA online, you will need to bring in a few documents. Some of the required documents are:
For Agent Registration
- KYC documents for registration
- Original PAN card
- Original address proof
- A duly filled RERA registration form
- Particulars stating the type of organisation and registration number
For Promoter/Property Registration
- Copies of PAN card, Aadhaar card and passport-sized photographs
- Legal title deed, agreement of sale
- Names and addresses of real estate agents involved in the project
- Auditors report income tax returns
- Layout designs
When Should a Complaint be Filed with RERA Delhi?
If a builder, developer, promoter, or real estate agent breaks or goes against any part of the RERA Act, a buyer can file a complaint with the RERA Delhi, online.
The conditions that follow apply to a buyer while filing a RERA complaint in Delhi: are
A holdup in possession
Buyers can file complaints with Delhi RERA against builders who fail to deliver possession of a home by the agreed upon date in order to obtain either immediate possession or a full refund with interest.
The customer must file a complaint with RERA Delhi against the developer, and the endorser if he or she believes they were duped into making a deposit with the promoter by false advertising.
Pay in advance
A builder has the right to request an advance payment of up to 10 percent of the overall cost of the structure, apartment, or land being constructed. The buyer has the right to file a complaint against the builder with Delhi RERA if the builder asks for a deposit that is greater than 10% of the total purchase price.
Property registration error
RERA Delhi mandates the registration of all projects. The buyer may file a claim against the builder if the builder sells or attempts to sell an unregistered project. As a consequence of this, registering with the authority is absolutely necessary.
In the absence of project details
All relevant information, such as the project's plan, layout, and government clearances, must be posted to the RERA Delhi website. If a developer or constructor breaks this provision, a complaint can be filed against them.
If there are serious problems with the build or the quality of the service, the promoter must pay the allottee back. The buyer can file a complaint with RERA Delhi if they do not receive a refund.
It is against the law for a promoter to transfer the majority of their rights to a third party. It is possible to file a complaint against him or her under the Real Estate Regulatory Authority of Delhi (RERA Delhi) if it is discovered that he or she is transferring majority rights to a third party without the permission of a two-thirds majority of allottees.
How Does the RERA Complaint Process Work in Delhi?
When RERA Delhi receives a complaint about a developer, the authorities conduct an investigation into the matter. It is possible for the information to be verified on the RERA Delhi website.
Choose what you want from the drop-down menu labelled "Cases Before Authority." The current standing of the cases might be investigated depending on the type of complaint, which could be of a Suo Moto, general, or registration-related nature.
The following items are required in order to file a complaint
- The reservation form
- Sale agreement or contract
- The Exchange of Information Between the Buyer and the Builder
- Notification in the form of a letter of allocation
- Evidence in the form of payments provided to the builder
How to File a Complaint On RERA Delhi?
Step-by-step instructions on how to lodge a complaint with the Delhi Real Estate Regulatory Authority are discussed below:
- First, you'll need to open the "File Complaint" section of the RERA Delhi portal. To proceed, please create a user ID and password below, selecting "Complainant" as your user type.
- The second step is to click the "Create User" button after you have entered all the required information. A verification message will be sent to your inbox immediately. In order to activate your account, please follow the instructions provided in the email.
- Third, use the credentials you created in the first step to access the web portal. All future complaints can be submitted with the same User ID and password, so this is a one-time process.
- Fourth, complete the relevant form by entering all requested information.
- The fifth step is to make an online payment for the complaint registration fee. The standard cost of a complaint is one thousand rupees. You can pay for this with any major credit or debit card, or even online banking.
- The sixth step is to add all the supporting paperwork for your complaint. If you want to consult a lawyer, you'll need to upload a Vakalatnama with the current form.
- The seventh and final step is to submit your application on RERA Delhi’s website by clicking the button labelled "Submit." Remember to make a note of your complaint's reference number for use in subsequent steps.
Suggested Read: Everything You Know About DORIS Delhi