Gurgaon, the millennium city, is among the fastest-growing cities in India. It is a place that is well connected to almost the entire Delhi NCR. Thus, it makes complete sense to buy property for commercial purposes. Owning a commercial property in Gurgaon is bound to benefit an individual in multiple ways and show lucrative results. Being in proximity to the capital of India, New Delhi, the millennium city is equipped with almost all the facilities that New Delhi has. The excellent metro and road connectivity between Delhi and Gurgaon has enabled working professionals to travel with ease every day between these two cities.
Located in the northern Indian state of Haryana, Gurgaon aka Gurugram ranks 8th as the largest city in the country in terms of total wealth. It has impressively become a home to thousands of startup companies. You can also find the headquarters of many of India's renowned companies and so many Fortune 500 listed companies. Today, people know Gurgaon as a leading hub for the high-tech industry in the northern belt of India. The high-tech infrastructure of the city has successfully attracted the international market. With the growing interest of MNCs to invest in Gurgaon, the Government is constantly working towards uplifting the roads, natural environment, and other infrastructural facets of Gurgaon.
The strength of the commercial segment in Gurgaon
- The commercial property market of Delhi NCR largely consists of IT-ITeS, power, media, telecom, auto, and others in which Gurgaon is recognised as the key office district and retail location.
- Gurugram is a big name in the IT industry in India, the investors continue to choose it for their real estate investment and commercial properties.
- Areas in Gurgaon like Sohna Road, Golf Course, and Dwarka have excellent infrastructure and are considered the best for commercial property investment. Invest in one of these areas and get assured good returns.
- Delhi metro is the fastest metro system in the country and its connectivity spread across Gurgaon has benefitted the region immensely. Currently, the people of Gurgaon enjoy a wide transport network.
- So many businesses and companies are established and flourished here and many more businesses and companies are on their way to entering the city. Hence, the demand for commercial real estate properties is bound to stay high.
- Currently, the value of commercial real estate properties in Gurgaon is good, and considering the region's growth, the real estate here seems to have a brighter future. Hence, commercial properties are going to enjoy higher returns on investment.
- In Gurgaon, people love to spend. They always are seeking a better standard of living, following a big lifestyle and living in luxury. Hence, they spend their time in malls and supermarkets. So, investors will have a profitable time in commercial property investments and fulfil the desires of the people.
- For investments, there is an ample number of affordable commercial properties.
- Investing in affordable projects also comes with an assurance of better returns and maximum benefits.
- Buying commercial properties result in the development of stronger relationships between the buyer and seller on the basis of which one can get lease amount and terms that are more flexible as a form of benefit.
It is important to consider certain factors before purchasing commercial properties in Gurgaon
On-going property costs and top locations in Gurgaon
What is the ongoing cost of the commercial property chosen to be purchased? It is one of the important factors that you should consider while buying or renting a commercial property in Gurgaon. Buying a property means a need to pay VAT or transfer duty on buying price. In case of purchasing a vacant property, you’ll be able to claim the VAT or transfer duty from the receiver. Property price in Gurugram also hugely depends on the localities of a place. As of Gurgaon, Sohna Road region, DLF Phase 2, Sectors 67, 48, 49, 113, 103, 33, and 24 are some of the most popular localities.
How convenient is the location?
The location of your new commercial property must be convenient in terms of infrastructural development, road connectivity, mode of transportation available, and the location's connectivity to other vital routes in and around Gurgaon.
Growth of the business
When you start out a new business, try to set it up in a medium-sized place sufficient for your business. Avoid the too big or too small areas. In terms of location, select the one surrounded by neighbourhoods that have so much potential for your business's growth.
What is the area known for?
While selecting an area for your business, study the type of commercial segment established in the area. Check if the location has an industrial establishment for factories, offices, or retail outlets. Go ahead if the location suits your needs.
Top commercial properties in Gurgaon
1. M3M SCO Shops
M3M Group presents M3M SCO Shops in Sector 113, Gurugram. The commercial project is all set to give your business the launching pad it deserves. The world-class commercial hub has ground + 4 storey shop cum offices, adequate surface car parking facility, 100% power back-up, and provision for individual AC units. Location advantage-wise, the complex is next to IGI airport, India International Convention Centre, and Diplomatic Enclave. It is close to North India’s largest Interstate Bus Terminus, and Bijwasan Railway Station. The project is also constructed along the metro corridor.
2. Neo Centra
Neo Centra by Neo Developers is a one-of-a-kind commercial project in Sector 103, Gurugram. It offers shops of sizes 300 sq ft and 1100 sq ft at a starting price of ₹35.7 Lacs*. Neo Centra is equipped with facilities including 24x7 security, ambulance, CCTV, elevators, fire alarm, fire fighting system, green area, parking, power backup, and RO water plant.
3. AMB Selfie Square
AMB Selfie Square is a commercial project offering office spaces and shops at a starting price of ₹32.63 Lacs* and ₹17.03 Lacs* respectively. Located in Sector-37D, Gurugram, the project is spread across 4 acres. AMB Selfie Square is close to the proposed ISBT & metro station, and it is only 15 minutes drive from IGI airport and a 10-minute drive from the diplomatic enclave. It has a street-level entrance overlooking the pedestrian walkway for every retail outlet. Discover high-speed elevators, comfortable wide passage at every level, separate entry/exits, ample parking, 24x7 security, and 100% power backup in this project.
4. JMS Marine Square
JMS Marine Square by JMS Buildtech presents commercial shops in Sector-102, Gurugram. The project is built keeping luxury and style in mind. The architecture is inspired by the Mediterranean and caters to the luxury mode of shopping. This shopping destination in Gurugram ensures the visitors a time they will spend well and experience countless feelings of joy. The complex is equipped with recreational facilities for all age groups. It has multi-level basements catering to ample parking requirements. Most of the units have exposure to central atriums and external softscape with water fountains. The price of the shop starts at ₹10.04 Lacs*.
5. Elan Mercado
What are the rules for investing in commercial real estate in Gurgaon?
Commercial properties provide returns either by rent or capital appreciation, and both are heavily dependent on the location. Preferring locations where vacancy is less than 5% ensures that supply is in check and tenants are less likely to vacate, leading to higher rents and capital appreciation.
A quality tenant pays the rent on time, stays longer and thereby, increases the value of the property. Avoid tenants who are small and unknown companies. Prefer well-established and multinational tenants.
As a commercial real estate investor, ask who has done the interior fitouts in the property. It depends both on the developer and the tenant. At times, the developer does the fitout and charges an additional fitout rent while the other times, tenants prefer to do their own fitouts. Such tenants are likely to stay longer.
Security deposits in commercial properties generally vary between 10 and 12 months’ rent. If tenants offer 6 months or less, they are possibly looking for a short-term option or have other issues. Since the culture of startups is quite prominent in Gurgaon, startups are the ones who tend to ask for smaller and shorter security deposits.
Diversification is the best step in real estate investment. It reduces risk. This is especially true in commercial real estate. Depending on one property exposes one to a higher risk. What if the tenant vacates? The rent will stop while maintenance payments, property taxes, etc will have to be paid.
Also Check: Instant free property valuation