GPRA stands for General Pool Residential Accomodation. As the name implies, GPRA is a Central Government scheme to offer residential accommodation to eligible Central Government employees using E-sampada. The residential properties covered under GPRA are under the administration of the E Awas Directorate of Estates (DoE) in Delhi. Talking about the allotment of these properties, the properties are allocated as per the provisions laid down in the Allotment of Government Residences Rules, 1963, in Delhi and 31 stations outside the national capital involving cities such as Chandigarh, Mumbai, Kolkata and many others.
All the applicants working under the Central Government or Government of NCT of Delhi are eligible for the General Pool and are entitled to the GPRA allotment. The eligible zone covered under the General Pool Residential Accomodation quarters in Delhi is the NCT of Delhi along with the areas declared by the Directorate of Estate’s regional offices or city limits or the Central Public Works Department, i.e. CPWD.
As you have got to know the meaning of GPRA, let’s now move ahead and discuss all other aspects related to GPRA involving eligibility, allotment process, precautions to be taken and much more!
Who is eligible for GPRA?
Are you confused regarding whether or not you are eligible for General Pool Residential Accomodation? Well, we are here to answer! Have a look at the pointers below that states the eligibility criteria for GPRA:
1. It is available for the applicants who live within the boundaries of the NCT. For GPRA, applicants working in government offices in Delhi have to get their location or residence approved by the Cabinet Committee on Accomodation (CCA). In addition to this, they should be located within the boundary of the NCT.
2. For GPRA applicants working in government offices apart from Delhi, their proposals must be approved by the CCA. Then, they must be forwarded to the directorate with the approval of the joint secretary. This approval must include information such as the status of the office and if the department staff or officer is eligible for residential accomodation from any other pool.
3. Last but not least, all government employees with a departmental residential accomodation pool are also eligible to apply for the General Pool Residential Accomodation. However, the applicant is required to submit a certificate from their department stating that “No junior to the applicant has been given in turn allotment” from the department of GPRA Delhi pool. One thing to note here is that certificates that do not specifically mention these terms will not be accepted for GPRA Delhi.
Allotment Process of GPRA
The allotment process of GPRA is pretty simple to understand. The allotments under General Pool Residential Accomodation are done on the basis of a “Unified Waiting List” for a specific type of accomodation. In this waiting list, all applicants using the E AWAS Delhi, involving the ones waiting for initial allotment and those waiting for a change of accomodation, are combined together. Later, the allotments are done on the basis of their date of priority and seniority. Here, it’s important to note that each applicant for Central Government quarters in Delhi gets two allotments in each kind of accomodation, i.e. initial and change.
How to apply for GPRA using e-sampada?
Are you wondering about how to apply for GPRA using e-sampada? If yes, we have listed a step by step guide below that will help you understand the process easily. Have a look!
Step 1: Visit the e-sampada website and tap on “Government Residential Accomodation”.
Step 2: Submit the login ID request that you receive from e-sampada. Once you register, log in through your mobile number or email address.
Step 3: Once you have logged in successfully, fill out the DE-II form. This form will later be verified online through e-sampada by the administration of the eligible offices.
Step 4: Once accepted, it will be ensured in the upcoming or next month’s waiting list for eligible types of accomodation.
Step 5: After the allotment of accomodation is done for you, all the people who applied online will receive the allotment letters. The individuals shall submit their acceptance online within a period of 8 days.
Step 6: To submit the acceptance, individuals have to fill up the acceptance form available online on e-sampada.
In case you fail to get a house or accomodation through General Pool Residential Accomodation, then you don’t need to worry; there are a handful of budget-friendly options that you can find on Clicbrics. From apartments to villas, we have homes available for all budgets.
Precautions to take while taking possession of the GPRA flat
Below mentioned are some of the precautions that one must take while taking possession of the GPRA flat:
1. The allottee should take note of each item of the furnishing and fitting offered in the flat in order to prevent any sort of inconvenience at a later date.
2. Each deficiency and damage must be brought to the notice of the CPWD and must be acknowledged duly.
3. The allottee should obtain the Physical Occupation Report, signed by the junior engineer, CPWD.
4. The allottee should put their own lock once the handover is completed.
5. The allottee is required to approach the concerned municipal authorities in order to secure water and electricity connections for the alloted house.
6. Rent of the property will be charged from the eighth day from the date of the allotment letter or, the date of occupation whichever date is earlier. Besides this, the license fee will be charged from the allottee from the date of handing over the property in case the CPWD certifies that the house is not perfect for occupation.